Dec 22nd, 2021 by The Ismaili
Nabeel Gillani is a postdoctoral associate at the MIT Center for Constructive Communication in Boston, Massachusetts. Nabeel focuses on analyzing and designing communications technologies to foster connections that help reduce barriers to educational, economic, and social opportunities. In Fall 2022, Nabeel will start a joint appointment as an Assistant Professor of Design and Data between the D'Amore-McKim School of Business and College of Arts, Media and Design at Northeastern University. Prior stops in Nabeel’s career journey include product management at Khan Academy and co-founder of CourSolve -- an online platform designed to connect learners and organizations to collectively tackle real-world challenges. In this episode, hear from Nabeel about lessons learned in his journey, how data and technology can help solve some of the world’s biggest problems, and more.
- Connect with Nabeel Gillani on LinkedIn.
- Visit Nabeel’s website to learn more about his projects.
- Learn more about the MIT Media Lab here.
- Check out Nabeel’s book recommendations: The Forty Rules of Love: A Novel of Rumi by Elif Shafak and Einstein: His Life and Universe by Walter Isaacson.
- Read Barack Obama’s interview with Humans of New York:
- When is the time you felt most broken?
- Who has influenced you the most in your life?